[governance] Example of Corporate Internet Authoritarianism -

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:01:51 EST 2009

Hmmm....

Bill, it might have been good to have actually read what I wrote and engaged
with that rather than a straw man based on a repetition of Fuad's original
statement.

If access to the Internet is a necessary requirement for participation in an
"Information Society" then access to the tools that allow for or facilitate
the use of the Internet especially when those tools are linked into some
sort of monopolistic position with respect to the use of the Internet should
surely fall under that rubric.

I don't know the details of the case under discussion here but it would
follow that if certain information is only accessible on the Internet via a
certain tool then denial of access to that tool is the same as denial of
access to that information.

To my mind this is not a strictly commercial issue.

Mike