[governance] New Candidate for Co-coordinator: Rafik Dammak

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:04:30 EST 2009

Dear All

Is this fair and ethical?

I applaud the request for information about the candidates suitability
for the task.

However, surely then, it should be equally applied to all candidates.
We should not have a situation in which a candidate is prejudiced by
his frank answers, where in fact he might be better that others,
except that we don't know that because such information was not
request of the others.

Best regards,

Rui, Consultant on free and fair elections in Southern Africa.

2009/11/25 Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>:
> Hi Yehuda,
> interesting questions :)
> 1/ I only speak "survival kit" Japanese for daily life :)
> 2/ I speak and write on Arabic, French and English
> 3/ more than two years now.
> 4/  complicated question to answer, but basically  I am more focusing on
> ICANN  process and not especially on Internet Addressing issues.
> 5/ I cannot state that I understand well the Japanese system but I start to
> be more sensitive to some of its particularities, I am aware about EU system
> because the special relationship between Tunisia and EU.
>
> I hope that reply at least to some of your questions.
> Thanks!
> rafik
> 2009/11/24 Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com>
>>
>> Rafik,
>>
>> I'm almost sold on your candidacy, however a few questions:
>>
>> Do you speak and write Japanese?
>>
>> What other linguistic abilities (speak & /or write) do you have?
>>
>> How long have you been following 'Internet Root/Icann Politics' (e.g.:
>> since ?
>> x-year)?
>>
>> What understanding of  Technical Boards (Iana, Icann, RIR's etc. etc...)
>> do you
>> have?
>>
>> What understanding of Polysciences do you possess (Political Systems i.e.:
>> Chinese Govenmental, US Govermental, Japanese, Euro, etc...)?
>>
>> Thnx.

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
Angola Liaison Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,