[governance] Markus Kummer Spreading Falsehood

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:55:34 EST 2009

"Markus Kummer has behaved deceitfully to me and others in the past.
(This is not a personal slight, it is in his job description as a
diplomat.)"

A terrible charge that needs a sentence if I can speak like a judge.
Within our journalism milieu, The Managing Editor will ask you to
leave the news room for some stood-off or a direct sack.

What says the IGC on this very sad case? Someting has to done because
this has to do with the integrity of the men and women here?

Or am I wish hunting?

On 11/16/09, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
> On 16/11/2009, at 6:13 PM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>
>> On 16/11/2009, at 5:11 PM, Ronald Deibert wrote:
>>
>>> Below is typical of what I'm receiving from reporters.    It is
>>> hard to keep up now with the IGF spin being put on the event.  So I
>>> think I'll just back off now and resign to whatever happens.  Hope
>>> the truth wins out, but it looks as though Markus Kummer is intent
>>> on spreading falsehoods.
>>
>> Robert, please stick with it, we all fully support you and your
>> colleagues on this.
>
> In my hasty annoyance I called you "Robert" instead of "Ronald".  I
> apologise.
>
> --
> JEREMY MALCOLM
> Project Coordinator
> CONSUMERS INTERNATIONAL-KL OFFICE
> for Asia Pacific and the Middle East
>
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM
> 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg
> TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
> Mob: +60 12 282 5895
> Fax: +60 3 7726 8599
> www.consumersinternational.org
>
> Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global
> campaigning voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in
> 115 countries, we are building a powerful international consumer
> movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere. For more
> information, visit www.consumersinternational.org.

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist-OutCome Mapper
Special Assistant The President