[governance] What happened?

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Mon Nov 16 04:46:25 EST 2009

Hello,

The ONI event was to publicize the book, "Access Controlled: The
Shaping of Power, Rights, and Rule in Cyberspace," edited by Ronald J.
Deibert, John G. Palfrey, Rafal Rohozinski and Jonathan Zittrain.  The
book will be published in April 2010 as part of the series I co-edit
for the MIT Press on The Information Revolution and Global Politics.
If anyone is interested in knowing more or pre-ordering, please see http://mitpress.mit.edu/IRGP-series
.

Curious thing just happened.  I had put out a stack of flyers about
the book, as well as another in the series, on the table in the back
of the room at the session I'm now speaking in on the IG summer school
program.  I stepped out of the room for a moment, and coming back saw
three Chinese people standing outside the room conferring.  Walked
back into the room and someone had removed all the flyers from the
table.  I have to presume they are going around the building doing this.

There are also flyers at the IGP booth if anyone here here wants one.
At least there were, not sure about now.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
Senior Associate