[governance] Boycott and protest Planning IGC dinner on Wednesday November 18,2009

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 14:06:31 EST 2009

Hfere is where a statement opposing business as usual should be made.  One night at these hotels and at these luxury dining places would pay for 100s of internet capable laptops for Tibetans and Chinese.  If Governance is to be from the top down so be it.  If it is to be from the bottom up and inclusive of developing nations and disadvantaged individuals then this is where the protests need begin -- by those who would attend such galas and white tableclothed officianados spouting human rights.  Norbert Klein challenges my right to speak because I have never wanted???  These people do not even grasp the difference between their "wants" and most people's "needs".