[governance] the IGF : what does it mean for Africa?

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:21:08 EST 2009

Hi All

Thanks Ken for the research

However:

The involvement of the academia is laking, as well that of regional economic
organizations (ECOWAS, SADC, etc.), maybe because governments seems less
interested in the process.

This is due to the fact nearly all the governments of the regions are
illigitimate and have less concern for issues that concern those governed

The mandate of the Forum (which is not seen as a space for solutions that
Africa is urgently longing for), due to the basic access to ICT needs and to
the crucial need to strengthen internet governance on the continent,

You hit the nail square Ken.
Capacity building is what is mostly needed here. Internet access dispite the
availability of a down stream optical fibre that is not optimally exploited
(nobody know why, may be reason is due my remarks above)
May I say that after a Marshall plan to rebuild Europe after the second
world war, we need an ICT plan for Africa that includes AN EFFECTIVE ROUTING
OUT OF ILLIGIMATE GOVERNMENTS SUPPORTED BY THE WEST.

Best regards

Aaron

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist-OutCome Mapper