[governance] Invite: Code of Good Practice for IG Workshop

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:12:22 EST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> wrote:
> Dear McTim
>

> Have you not just done exactly that? Participated in our work?

It depends on what is in the final version.

> Seriously.. speaking for APC. We are a membership organisation.. quite
> old (20 years) and quite old-fashioned in some ways in that members
> decide what we should prioritise. APC's primary accountability is to its
> members. At the same time we work in a very inclusive way and many
> organisations and individuals outside of the APC member community
> participate in our work. I actually recall another APC document or
> statement a long time ago (related to access in Africa) that changed as
> a result of comments you made.
>
> Also keep in mind that we are not governance institutions.

True, in the strictest sense of the term, but UNECE and CoE are, no?
I think my point is still valid.  Folk who live in glass houses and
all that.

Unfortunately, parental responsibilities prevent me from going to
Egypt, but I will try some remote participation.

And yes, you can add it to the wiki (but I can't?)???

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org