[governance] My blog on Internet's Governance

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:26:49 EST 2009

**Respectful Interfaces* e-note 101109:*

Very interesting discussion on, inter alia,  *core* issues pervading many
group-collaborative models, concepts and contexts, and indeed fundaments of
Representation:

*Nature and Scope of inclusivity/ inclusivness.*

Plus identifying/ managing *sets** *in the 'universe of discourse'  in
principle (and the target world of action  too!) *.*

Say on please.

Linda.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi McTim,
>
> Acknowledging what you have said is very true and correct.
>
> Just a clarification,  this is just the first post from my end and
> these are my personal comments based on my initial feelings from the
> ICANN meeting, please read the disclaimer at the bottom and the
> intention of this blog is not to undermine anyone's or any
> organization's efforts. Its true that at the end of the day, no two
> people may have the same understanding of a single situation.
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:50 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM, William Drake
> > <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> wrote:
> >> Hmmm....
> >>
> >> http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
> >>
> >> http://internetgovernance.org
> >>
> >> Seems "confusingly similar."
> >

> > or at least very confused, conflating "multistakeholder" with
> > "International" or "multicultural", not counting the large numbers of
> > ICANN staff from the developing world, or the "continuing cooperation"
> > ICANN has given to the IGF, including funding and staff time and
> > discounting the Board members (past and current) from the developing
> > world.
> >
> > To mix threads here, ICANN and the rest of the Inet community have had
> > a "development agenda" for over a decade.
> >
> > Bill,
> > I hope that you include in your workshop, the efforts and
> > accomplishments of ISOC, NSRC, AfNOG, SANOG, the earlier established
> > RIRs who helped to nurture emerging RIRs, ICANN, and a variety of
> > other organisations who have been focused on developing Internet
> > skills and penetration since the 1980's.
> >

> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > McTim
> > "A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A
> > route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel

> Regards.
> --------------------------
> Fouad Bajwa
> Advisor & Researcher
> ICT4D & Internet Governance
> Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
> Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
> My Blog: Internet's Governance
> http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
> Follow my Tweets:
> http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa
> MAG Interview:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVDW1tDZzA

- - -
With warm regards,
LDMF.
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
914 769 3652
law /  computing / humanities:
Founder/Director *Respectful Interfaces*;
Member, Board, Officer - Communications Coordination Committee for the U.N.;
World Education Fellowship;
Member Committees on disability, aging, health, values, development;
National Disability Party (NDP); International Disability Caucus;
Persons with Pain Intl.;
ICT multiple decades;
Other affiliations on Request.

n.b.:
- The *Respectful Interfaces* Coda is: "Achieving Dialogue While Cherishing
Diversity" (ask about leadership interning).
- Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration are core values of the CCC/UN
(Gellermann et al).