[governance] Second Candidate for co-coordinator Fouad Bajwa

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:12:56 EST 2009

For those unfamiliar with the English language

"We have a" means, "we have received"/ "a name has been tendered"/ "a name
has been put forward", "we have received a nomination. The "we" is Ginger
speaking not as herself, but as the position she represents, as the on-going
IGC Coordinator.

Ginger put out the email announcing the position to replace Ian Peter, so it
is only natural that she will report to this forum whatever suggestions she
receives from us, "we", the members - "I will periodically announce
nominations that have been received". "We (the members) now have a second
candidate. When another gets suggested, then "we will have a third
candidate". You might want to nominate one yourself, in which case certainly
Ginger will say "we now have a third candidate".

But English aside, the call for nominations did state that nominations
should be sent directly to her - it there an issue over transparency with
that, you should have pointed it out a long time ago.

Regards,

Rui

2009/11/8 Eric Dierker <cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net>

>  Please tell us Ginger, where all this open and transparent process for the
> "we have a" taking place?  I am sorry but it sounds like a runner up in a
> beauty contest or the picking of a Pope.

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa