[governance] More on Google privacy violation issue: Dashboard Reveals What Google Knows About You

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 7 15:10:01 EST 2009

All,

  Of great concern to users everywhere the following is quite
interesting.  What's even more interesting is that much of the
personal data that Goolge has collected is of very questionable
accuracy.
See: http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=09/11/06/0453232

"Ever wonder exactly what Google knows about you? Google
took a step today to answer that question http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140411/Dashboard_shows_what_Google_knows_about_you
with the unveiling of Google Dashboard, which is designed to let users
see and control the copious amounts of data that http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9129916/FTC_urged_to_investigate_Google_s_hosted_services
Google has stored in its servers about them. 'Over the past 11 years,
Google has focused on building innovative products for our users. Today,
with hundreds of millions of people using those products around the world,
we are very aware of the trust that you have placed in us, and our responsibility
to protect your privacy and data,' http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/transparency-choice-and-control-now.htmlGoogle said in a blog post today. 'In an effort to provide you
with greater transparency and control over their own data, we've built
the Google Dashboard.' Dashboard is set up so that users can control the
personal settings in each Google product that they use. Google said the
tool supports more than 20 products, including Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Web
History, YouTube, Picasa, Talk, Reader, Alerts and Google Latitude.
Consumer Watchdog said in a statement today that it applauds Google for
giving users a single place to go to manage their data. But at the same
tine, the group also came down hard on Google, contending that it needs
to give users a vehicle for stopping the company from collecting any
personal data."

Regards,

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.