[governance] ICANN might name former DHS cybersecurity boss itspresident?

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 27 09:18:55 EDT 2009

I really think this is helpful.  When discussing governance, too many ivory tower type suspects gather round and discuss "ideal". Too often these are the same folks who quietly whisper about or censor outspoken frank people. Just as too often regulations get through without any real life examination of how it effects business and consumers.
Because of the above, effective parties are forced into rationalizations as to why a particular reg. does not apply to their situation or activity. And rightfully so.
I believe that lists such as this should never miss the opportunity to cause havoc amoung the intellectuals by forcing a public justification for proposing and adopting rules that look cool but suck in application.
Security is chief amoung the victims of, straight pinky, white gloved intellectuals with no grease pit life experience.