[governance] ICANN might name former DHS cybersecurity boss itspresident?

cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 25 14:35:58 EDT 2009

Here is some new news for Roland that internetpolicyagency.com choses not to comment on:  "ICANN makes no formal News Release or Statement officially on Cybersecurity guru being named its president in order to save the contract with the DoC"

We also note that a fella by the name of Ram is now heading the infamously impotent SSAC at ICANN and that he has more conflicts than an NFL line of scrimmage.  That to date no recommendations have come out of ICANN or the SSAC after signing a cool security contract involving the largest registry/registrar in the world. That there is currently no policing provisions built into ICANNs many MOUs or subcontracts.  That currently no 3rd party has rights under any of the provisions coming from ICANN.

Of particular interest is that both Ram and Roland put forth the point of view that Governance Regulation is innapplicable to the Internet unless there are provisions specifically mentioned within the regulation naming application to the internet.  It is presumed they use this "legalistic loophole" to guide clients around regulation, thereby creating a whole cottage industry of security avoidance.