Fwd: [governance] WSJ: Iran's Web Spying Aided By Western Technology/Pirate Bay

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 25 14:06:56 EDT 2009

Thank you Aaron for not giving up and not going quietly.

I am sure that on many ocassions you been so depressed and angry that you have screemed alone in the dark. I suggest you just keep on screaming here.  Follow Mr. Williams lead and just keep at it and plugging away. You will not get thanks or even any recognition, but they will listen. Even though they ignore or censor.

Here is more that substantiates your cry:
http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=sa&id=1692

This at first seems far fetched and from a bad source -- but on reading it makes some sense;
http://gawker.com/5294026/is-the-associated-press-aiding-iranian-censorship
AP report;
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16023/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=V0z1oYnB
Seems like our IP megalomaniacs and multinational corps would shut down an essential file sharing that helps spread the word. Pirate/Persian Bay revisited ???

America is a huge country, we are not easily lumped into the categories of Evil that you attribute to each and every one of us.  We probably always burn the candle at both ends;
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2009/06/2009624225744811593.html

But even from BBC we see hope -- And believe me he could not do this if not for the pressure from the light of the Internet;