[governance] ISPs, PTA lock horns over illegal VoIP

cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 11:47:15 EDT 2009

Hmmm, I reckon that is why.  I mean the "why -- protectionism is lame and transparently self serving to those who would rather maintain a status quo of power rather than serve them that they are supposed to serve"

More specifically when we impede the free and natural evolution of the spread of knowledge, through communication, we create a false truth, no matter what is really true.  If the premises that we use for governance are not disclosed, examined and communicated then it is not governance but dictation. It becomes random and chance since it clearly is not based on reason.

But we should be thankful that France is moderate in their approach to curtailing methods of information reaching the unwashed masses. It could be as their old "colonial" remnants of Indo China as with this fine lawyer;
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/SE%2BAsia/Story/STIStory_394301.html

It should be noted that in Vietnam the battle for Doi Moi* is raging in HCMC, still AKA Saigon, and it is hardly economic, it is about information. However in all fairness, unlike the East of the Middle East and the West of Berlin, this is a more civilized revolution of information and the good people take a less dramatic and more stoic view of change.

* For insight on responsible (yet so slow) change;
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/vietnam.htm#DOIMOI

Note also the first par. on Internet Governancein the MOU;
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/icann-memorandum.htm
participation and free flow of info is paramount.