[governance] ISPs, PTA lock horns over illegal VoIP

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jun 19 07:35:00 EDT 2009

Why does your government make VoIP illegal to begin with? VoIP has the ability to save internet and telecom users hundreds of dollars a year. It is nothing more than a software application. I suppose the politicians who support these bans are the same ones asking for international development funds to combat the digital divide....

--MM

     governance at lists.cpsr.org