[governance] The dawning of Internet censorship in Germany

Daniel Oppermann dan.oppermann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:35:19 EDT 2009

Aaron, I am not so sure if the new Internet filter in Germany is really a
positive thing. In the end it will cover but not remove the problem. And
besides that, examples from other countries show that Internet filter are
not very successful to fight child abuse. But it is a very popular and
emotionally driven topic and who will probably profit from it is the
initiating Minister of Family, Ursula von der Leyen, and her party CDU
during the upcoming national elections in September 2009.

If you are interested in the German case check out the article on page 127
of this magazine:

http://www.net-security.org/dl/insecure/INSECURE-Mag-21.pdf

Best, Daniel