[governance] US Congress & the JPA

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.net
Sun Jun 7 12:54:36 EDT 2009

Dear Karl

>     There is no reason for the EU or the Arab League or Latin America
> or China to care what a mess ICANN makes! They should make competitive
> systems,
It is exactly what my proposal is all about, open the competition  to
Namespaces services...
http://net4d.org

    * Competitive Governance Arrangements for Namespace Services
      <http://net4d.org/DOCS/muguet-eu-internet-hearing.html>   PDF file
      <http://net4d.org/DOCS/muguet-eu-internet-hearing.pdf> a written
      contribution to the EU Commission hearing on future Internet
      Governance arrangement
      <http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/internet_gov/index_en.htm>
      ( Deadline 29 May 2009 )

    * Opening to competition the namespace infrastructure
      <http://net4d.org/net4d-geneva-may09.html> ( WSIS Forum, 20 May
      2009, Geneva )

strangely enough my contribution to the EU hearing is still not listed
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/internet_gov/submissions/index_en.htm
/Last updated: 03.6.2009/
>  Then, you would be REAL stakeholder and not just an unhappy user group.
Exactly, the Governance caucus should mature a little bit,
and cease to behave as user group,  be fair to all possibilities,
and at least quote the possibility of openning the competition
 through technical means like my proposal.

Best regards

Francis

> -Karl E. Peters

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

Département des Systèmes d'Information
http://syinf.unige.ch
Faculté des Sciences Economiques et Sociales
Universite de Genève http://www.unige.ch
CUI, Bâtiment A
7 route de Drize
1227 Carouge

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web