[governance] JPA - final draft for comments

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri Jun 5 02:57:52 EDT 2009

Hi

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:59 AM, Ian Peter wrote:

> Before I am accused of being misleading with my comments in the
> previous
> message -

???  No worries.

>> Firstly, as we are divided on JPA continuation, I am a little
>> uncomfortable
>> about including text relating to this.

I don't actually think we're so divided.  Some of us just think it'd
be better to tie ending to establishment of an external accountability
framework (rules, not oversight), that the prospects for successful
conclusion of such a thing become even more remote after a period of
independent operation, and that this may further agitate things in
certain intergovernmental circles.  It's a tactical and timing
question rather than a matter of principle, and nobody's going to hari
kari, especially if there's language reflecting the variation.  So
let's focus on what unites rather than divides us (sorry to sound like
Obama).

Anyway, yes with bracketed text.

Thanks for the good process management, Ian.

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org