[governance] Twomey recommends extending the JPA

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Thu Jun 4 16:11:09 EDT 2009

This is Milt Blitzer reporting directly from inside the Green-Belt Room!

Hot-off-the-Press: Twomey recommends extending the JPA
http://www.icann.org/presentations/twomey-to-house-subcommittee-communications-technology-internet-04jun09-en.pdf

Thnx Evan
Ref:
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac_atlarge-lists.icann.org/2009/000604.html

[ALAC] Twomey testimony to US Congress on JPA and new gTLDs
Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jun 4 15:08:08 EDT 2009

Interesting reading...

http://www.icann.org/presentations/twomey-to-house-subcommittee-communications-technology-internet-04jun09-en.pdf

Other testimonies before the committee are available at
http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1642:energy-and-commerce-subcommittee-hearing-on-oversight-of-the-internet-corporation-for-assigned-names-and-numbers-icann&catid=134:subcommittee-on-communications-technology-and-the-internet&Itemid=74

- Evan

--

Ian,
I rest my Case [yehuda vs the rest of this list], for extension of the JPA.

In a Post-JPA environment, who will take over the NTIA's roll, the (US) State
Department's roll, the Judicial roll, the Commerce Department's roll, in an
International manner.

That's why I posted the attachment to:
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/og00033r.pdf
It maps out the rolls (nuts & bolts) required to run the Internet now.

-

I'm just an old Man,
:-) smile, don't take the world so seriously.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org