[governance] JPA - final draft for comments

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Thu Jun 4 13:51:25 EDT 2009

Parminder, Anriette,

This opens a longer discussion, beyond final tweaking of statement, but (in my opinion):

1) IGF is/will be the forum for enhanced cooperation, following wsis - I believe the Brazilian government has made  a statement along these lines not long ago.  I agree.

Benefit: since IGF already exists, we don;t need to invent it.

2) IGF is already the (nascent) forum helping channel feedback from the interested multistakeholder community to ICANN.

Our objective is to eventually get govts & biz comfortable with 1 + 2, since I think cs already feels (reasonably) comfortable that its voices can be heard at IGF.

It may well take the various steps Anriette outlined to get there, but at least (in my opinion) we know where  we are going....to Egypt! ; )

Lee