[governance] JPA - final draft for comments

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jun 4 12:31:00 EDT 2009

delete the word "multistakeholder" from "global, multistakeholder accountability framework," and move it to the enxt phrase, "development of which should commence as soon as possible in an open, multistakeholder, transparent and inclusive process."

"MS accountability framework reinforces" the idea that accountability comes from some organization or group sitting on top of ICANN and second-guessing its decisions. no, that's worse than what we have now. By "accountability framework" I mean legal recourse according to fixed, known rules.

Whatever IGC does, I won't block consensus, we are filing our own comments anyway.  ____________________________________________________________
     governance at lists.cpsr.org