[governance] Should IGF negotiate recommendations? (Re: IGC

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Jul 16 08:27:56 EDT 2009

Dear Bertrand,

Thanks a lot for the detailed email and a constructive suggestion.

First of all, the title of the thread may be misleading - as i said it
is mostly about the language used. The proposed statement speaks of
'non-binding statements' and at no place refers to recommendations. So
it only goes far as what would be covered by your formulation, and the
kind of processes that Jeannette suggested earlier, without binding
ourselves down too much to some limited possibilities that can expand in
the future.

The operative sentence from your formulation

"The IGC believes that it is important ... for the outcomes of workshops
and main sessions, and of the IGFs in general, to be presented in more
tangible, concise and result-oriented formats."

is quite fine with me.

parminder