[governance] IGC statement-questionnaire Final edits

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Jul 15 03:11:46 EDT 2009

Parminder wrote:

>>> In this connection, IGF is still to achieve any clear success in the area
>>> of 'facilitating discourse between bodies dealing with different
>>> cross-cutting international public policies regarding the Internet'
>>> (section 72 b) and 'interfacing with appropriate inter-governmental
>>> organisations and other institutions on matters under their purview' (72
>>> c).
>>>

>> I'd be a little softer - perhaps rather than "still to achieve any clear
>> success" we could use "may need to extend its efforts in" or something
>> similaR
>>
> It is  a matter of fact.

Facts is one issue to take into account, the context of evaluation is
another. No doubt, there will be no lack of harsh reviews. While I fully
agree that we have to mention the areas where the IGF hasn't done enough
and needs to do more. Yet, we are all aware that this is not a matter of
laziness or lack of care but often due to a lack of consensus among the
MAG.
I support Ian's 2 softening suggestions.

jeanette

Not only IGF has not done above, it doesnt have

     governance at lists.cpsr.org