AW: [governance] Question 6: Comments on Shiva's proposed paras

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Jul 13 13:26:53 EDT 2009

With regard to IGF funding: This should be addressed to UN Member States who have created the IGF. The IGF is not a legal person in such a sense that it could collect money on a regular basis. But UN member states can do this.  I agree that this issue has to be raised but we should be very carefully not to feed any illusions and to organoze unrealistic pressure into wrong directions. Look what happend with the Digital Solidarity Fund. The question of financing the IGF should be on the agenda of the UN GA in 2010 when the GA has to draft a resolution for the continuation of the IGF if member states plan to continue with the IGF.

wolfgang