[SPAM]Re: [governance] Question 6: Comments on Shiva's proposed paras

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:43:59 EDT 2009

Hmmm... The California riposte...

Jurisdictions are deluded/bamboozled/blackmailed into denying themselves
sources of revenue (particularly by those who don't like the way that that
revenue may currently or in the future be spent).

Then when the challenge comes to spend some money, the jurisdiction (or
their supporters -- usually the supporters of the status quo), can argue but
there is no money to do what should be done...

The result is that the things that should be done, but which require money
to do them never get done and the status quo drifts merrily along... (at
least until the banks stop cashing the IOU's or whatever...