[governance] IGC statement/questionnaire Q3

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:21:33 EDT 2009

Shiva is actively working on Q3.

I would like to see some recognition of the improvement in the level of
discussion between stakeholders since the WSIS process in the impact. I
think there is much more collaboration (in general) than during WSIS,
and far less confrontation. In the 2009 workshop proposals in
particular, due to the request by the IGF Secretariat to merge
proposals, there are panels that include business, government, academia
and civil society working together.

We might also look at Ian's response to the questionnaire for ideas as well:

*3. What has the impact of the IGF been in direct or indirect terms? Has
it impacted you or your stakeholder group/institution/government? Has it
acted as a catalyst for change?*
You will probably have to probe a lot deeper to discover impact, and a
lot of this would be at a personal level, which is not directly covered
by the way that question is posed. Where individuals are impacted or
have learnt, eventually that will flow though to stakeholder groups. But
to get meaningful feedback on impact, you may have to ask a few
questions along the lines of “has you involvement in IGF increased your
knowledge of internet governance? “ “has your involvement led to
meaningful contact with other peers that has assisted your work” , “has
multistakeholder involvement changed or affected your perspective on any
particular governance issues” etc. These sort of questions would assist
in getting a fuller understanding of what the impact might have been.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org