[governance] IGF Review Question 6 start Vanda's section edited

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:54:46 EDT 2009

[Text proposed by Vanda, edited]

Considering the relevance of IGF and its achievements during its term
and the need to spread and improve the resulting information and
policies, the IGF should support regional forums around the world, using
its mission and brand to strengthen movements already existing in some
regions and to help others to start.

The regional forums - holding the stakeholder model, signature and the
support of the IGF – are a powerful tool to foster the implementation,
in a regional/ local level, of several suggestions raised during these
years to address the Tunis agenda stipulation for "development of
multi-stakeholder processes at the national, regional… level". This
should be complemented by more formal support for Remote Hubs to the
annual IGF meeting.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org