[governance] IGF Review Question 6 start

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:42:38 EDT 2009

Working on Jeanette and Bill's suggestions, and noting that we can
submit answers to some questions without necessarily including all of
them, I ask that anyone who is interested open a thread and start
discussion on that question.

"6. If the continuation of the Forum is recommended, what improvements
would you suggest in terms of its working methods, functioning and
processes?"

Since the value and effectiveness of the IGF are obvious, with
near-unanimous response that it should continue, we believe that the
review  should focus on addressing the issue of more inclusive
participation.   More importantly, the energy not needed in a review of
the current process could be spent in the search for ways to foster more
active inclusion of rarely heard and developing country voices through,
but not limited to, remote participation.

And here we include for example, Indigenous peoples worldwide, people
with disabilities, rural people and particularly those who are the
poorest of the poor and often landless or migrants, those concerned with
promoting peer to peer and open access governance structures built on an
electronic platform, those looking to alternative modes of Internet
governance as ways of responding to specific localized opportunities and
limitations, and those working as practitioners and activists in
implementing the Internet as a primary resource in support of broad
based economic and social development.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org