[governance] How do ICANN's actions hurt the average Internet

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Jul 7 16:01:16 EDT 2009

Hi George,

The answer to your question is clearly not much at all. However, a more
interesting question is ³how could ICANN advantage and assist the average
Internet user ³? Here are a few starters

ICANN could use its compulsory Internet taxes to assist in providing
equitable and affordable access for disadvantaged groups and regions rather
than having an inwardly focussed spending pattern
ICANN could extend its mandate to assist in dealing with security and
technical issues which affect users

I¹m sure there are many more!