[governance] IGF consultations - extending IGF's mandate

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Jan 18 15:19:02 EST 2009

Parminder, if you look again I was only agreeing with Wolfgang that a
decision making IGF was a non starter. Since we all seem to agree on this,
perhaps we can move on and further define what strengthening IGF might mean.
I added a few thoughts below – any further suggestions or comments?

I take your point on Davos and won’t use that again. What I was trying to
convey, and I think Wolfgang as well, was the precedent within the UN system
for a meeting of stakeholders and experts to discuss openly and learn from
each other without being bound by decision making.

Ian Peter

  _____