[governance] IGF consultations - extending IGF's mandate

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 18:04:05 EST 2009

From what I have shared is as we saw in the UNGAID, Intel and other
giants holding more power in the process than the common man or the
''real CS representatives' holding more decision and action power in
the process.

Why does an IGF process have to be managed by people from within the
bureaucracy of the UN system than the equal holding of positions by
the Civil Society that can actually make action oriented decisions.

Has anyone seen anything being agreed upon between OECD, ICANN, WTO
etc on any issues that significantly affect the internet in terms of
positive Civil Society and people's oriented change? I doubt it. It
has to be realized that IGF has to have a role other than what it has
now. It has to be more inclusive and it has to give us members of the
IGC CS group to be there within its key activities instead of us
sitting here and just bringing local change and that has no
deliberations on IGF's part.............not useful at all indeed.

Like you say Ian, its time for a revised strategy from us as well to
what and how does the CS caucus actually be a fulltime inclusive part
of the process? What is the mechanism and as you share, who takes it?

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa
@skBajwa
Answering all your technology questions