[governance] IGF consultations - extending IGF's mandate

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Jan 17 11:24:20 EST 2009

Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <49717897.4060801 at itforchange.net>, at 11:50:07 on Sat, 17
> Jan 2009, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes
>> Now, it is not entirely clear if 'IGF participants' are only those
>> who gather for the annual IGF, or the open consultations also in some
>> form comprises of IGF participants.
>
> Plus there are many who contribute to the process (either the main IGF
> or the consultations) without ever attending a physical meeting. Isn't
> that what we should be encouraging, anyway?

Ronald

The above was not about what we should promote under the notion of 'IGF
participants'. It is an attempt to build an understanding of what those
in charge of driving the process of consultations over the issue of
extending the mandate of the IGF are likely to consider as 'IGF
participants',  in fulfillment of the relevant requirement laid by the
World Summit on the Information Society documents. Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org