[governance] 2009 IGC Call for MAG Nominations

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Thu Jan 15 10:50:31 EST 2009

Hi Carlos,

I don't understand what rules you expect to be discussed at the February
meeting. From what I understand, the MAG sticks to the goal to replace a
third of its membership. We can also expect that most of not all of the
rotation will be born by the original members of the MAG (25 people).
About 15 of the original members will be replaced.
The other selection criteria (region, gender, expertise) will most
likely be the same again.
I think it is very good that for once we managed to start a process
early. I cannot see any reason why we should now slow things down,
especially as we are the group that used to be most frustrated about
process delays in the first years.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org