[governance] What is Network Neutrality

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jan 9 09:10:12 EST 2009

Dear Parminder,
this:
At 06:59 09/01/2009, Parminder wrote:
>I have neither a technical background, nor much interest in technical issues,

may explains that:

>... rotten service from the mom and pop sites," he went on. "And
>that I think destroys one of the best things about the
>Internet--which is that there is this incredible equality there"

- The worst about the Internet is its incredible equality based upon
such an equally rotten quality.
- Technically, net neurtrality is that the same information unit
(bit) is always sent end to end at the same rate, speed, reliability
and quality of service.

Now please tell how you conciliate the best-effort basis of the
Internet technology and the user's best-service expectation in an
unperfect Internet world. Lessig says the good/bad constitution is in
the source code. The source code is defined by the RFC. When the
people who write RFCs say they have no civil right background nor
much interest in civil right issues, don't the are only a few chances
they build what you want.
jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org