[governance] Cities and Internet Governance

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 24 03:50:39 EST 2009

Oh Karl, come on... your comment "but the combination of a vastly weakened and less-respected USA, thanks to Obama and friends" is just childish and as uninformed as much of the rest of the discussion on this issue. If you look around the world, the position of the USA has been markedly ENHANCED since the election of Obama.

As for trademark issues, sure, these have to be considered. But I'd have sympathy for the issues raised by trademark holders if they were registering trademarks in the 200+ ccTLDs around the world. In reality, until there is a critical mass of registrations or an abuse of a trademark, in many new gTLDs trademark holders will ignore registering or protecting their domain names for trademarks.

As for the issue of new helicopters - what relevance does this have to the debate. If they are required, the government should buy them. It's not an internet governance issue.

David