[governance] Cities and Internet Governance

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 23:25:42 EST 2009

Just a lanuage question, from someone who is not a native speaker of English:

On Tuesday, 24 February 2009 11:01:13 Karl E. Peters wrote:

> > With the ICANN having deemed cities eligible to develop TLDs, and with
> > cities such as Barcelona, Berlin, New York, and Paris lining up for TLDs,
> > it's time to consider the place and impact city-TLDs will have on
> > Internet governance.

[snip]

> and less-respected USA, thanks to Obama and friends,

[snip]

> Karl E. Peters, President
> Top Level Domain Association, Inc.

You mean "thanks to Obama and friends" the lack of respect for the USA has
been reversed? Or did I get your wording wrong - and you are not aware of
what is going on outside your own Top Level Domain Association, Inc.?

Norbert Klein
Cambodia
     governance at lists.cpsr.org