Aw: Aw: [governance] Online survey on reform of the IGF

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Fri Dec 25 12:10:14 EST 2009

I like Avri's suggestionsof tactical-approach in balanceing the Ying with the
Yang.
[ http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/arc/governance/2009-12/msg00278.html ]

I to, also feel this Survey is a good start. My only wish is that: Once a Month
(12 time a year) the list has a chance to "ask" a survey question (One per
Month per member - optional).

In that Jeremy, we can all Float our Notion-of-the-Month, and bounce it off the
Members here for Feedback in terms of a Quantitative Survey Results . This way
the List can be aware (Fluid) of what is in the Scope of our Researcher's
minds. (Researcher's = Active Members, you guys know who you are). And
encourage Member whom share a simulare interest to contribute or even
collaborate.

I assume we are all working on some aspect of 'Internet [K] Intrest,' or we
wouldn't be here.  For example, I enjoy the Post of Wolfgang Kleinwächter, as
well William Drake, and Michael Gurstein when they brings us news about the
Political motivation of the ITU,  I also enjoy it when Avri brings us new from
inside Icann's WGs. Occasional Work Group input is important to. I was amazed
by the South American Team this year, they were very well 'represented and
presented' in postions under the scope of the IGF.

What I'm getting at, is that I feel each of us can get a stronger understanding
of our *Individual Research Needs*, if we have a periodic survey for Feedback,
on whatever aspect it is we are trying to discover. (no matter of how
ridiculous it is)
This will strengthen our understanding as a Group (IGC - CPSR Mail List Group),
because we'll have an understanding of Ourselves (Good or Bad, Cohesive or
UnCohesive).

     governance at lists.cpsr.org