[governance] Online survey on reform of the IGF

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Dec 25 09:23:17 EST 2009

>Hello all, and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!
>

>As foreshadowed by Ginger, I have created an
>online version of the survey that I posted to
>the list some time ago about reforms to the IGF
>that we might choose to put forward as a caucus.
>
>You can find the online version
>at <http://igf-online.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=17855>http://igf-online.net/limesurvey/index.php?sid=17855 (I
>aimed to put it up at
><http://igcaucus.org>igcaucus.org, but technical
>constraints prohibited it).  Participation is
>voluntary and anonymous.

Some of your descriptions of the present situation are not accurate.

e.g.

At present the MAG is chaired by a nominee of the
Secretariat, currently Nitin Desai.

Desai is the SG's representative and appointed by him.

MAG mailing lists are anonymized digests of the
MAG list not summaries.  I think there have been
one or two occasions when list members have
requested some discussion not included in the
digest, but I believe only when names of
individuals were discussed.

There's more, but these examples from the page I'm on.

Best wishes to all.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org