[governance] Time to change direction [ @ 17:47 GMT ]

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Thu Dec 24 09:38:07 EST 2009

While I try to feel the balance of the planetary axis, and after a
couple of glasses of a good red wine I try to feel like Kepler did about
four centuries ago, I wish you all a wonderful 2010!

Yes, and for the crusaders and their sympathizers, Merry Christmas as
well! :)

fraternal regards

--c.a.

Guru गुरु wrote:
> ahhh .... Rui, you caught  the hegemonic bias for the north .... while
> it is winter solstice in the northern hemisphere it is the summer
> solstice in the southern hemisphere and the longest day and shortest night!
>
> Merry X Mas everyone!!!
>
> regards
> Guru
>

> Rui Correia wrote:
>> Hi Yehuda
>>
>> Just a small observation - "the earth’s axial tilt puts it the
>> fartherest from the sun", should read "the earth’s axial tilt puts THE
>> NORTH POLE the farthest from the sun". (Conversely, the South Pole
>> will reach its closest point to the sun.
>>
>> Rui
>>
>> 2009/12/21 Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com>:
>>
>>> Time to change direction [ @ 17:47 GMT]
>>>
>>> The official winter solstice will take place at 12:47 pm [EST USA] (1747 GMT)
>>> when at that exact moment, the earth’s axial tilt puts it the fartherest from
>>> the sun.
>>>
>>> Tonight will be the shortest day of the year, followed by the longest night of
>>> the year, meaning that it will be getting darker earlier tonight and getting
>>> lighter later than normal tomorrow morning.
>>>
>>> You may experience a slight discomfort - Buckle your seatbelt and Hold On !

Carlos A. Afonso
CGI.br (www.cgi.br)
Nupef (www.nupef.org.br)
new/nuevo/novo e-mail: ca at cafonso.ca