[governance] IGC

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Dec 11 03:29:41 EST 2009

On funding sources for the IGC, the UN Democracy Fund has its fourth round of
funding open until the end of the year.  It seems that funding the IGC would
fit well within the funding criteria, including that of "Civil society
empowerment ... activities that strengthen civil society capacities to
participate in democratic processes, including umbrella organizations and
institutional interfaces between civil society and the State."

http://www.un.org/democracyfund/Docs/4thRound_ProjectProposalGuidelines_English.pdf

I would suggest the IGC consider putting in an application, which I could help
with if others agree.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM
Project Coordinator

Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM
7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg
TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
Mob: +60 12 282 5895
Fax: +60 3 7726 8599
www.consumersinternational.org

Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global campaigning voice
for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in 115 countries, we are
building a powerful international consumer movement to help protect and empower
consumers everywhere. For more information, visit
www.consumersinternational.org.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org