[governance] IGC

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at datos-personales.org
Sun Dec 6 09:30:52 EST 2009

Dear IGC members:

I would like to see the IGC grows as a caucus. Grow not only in terms
of members but grows in terms of outcomes/deliverables and capacity of
organization.

  It is vitally important that IGC produce their own papers to address
the most relevant topics at the IG level. It is equally important that
IGC can take into account also all those collective civil society
papers that were released in other venues but are crucial also for the
IGC debate. It should be both ways. All will depend on the issue, the
time, the knowledge, the capacity, our energy, our passion and our
capacity to make things done, among many other factors.

We all need to learn to put in the table not only the issues that we
care about but also the issues that others civil society participants
care about, and defend all with the same passion.

We should be able to better organize ourselves. Having meetings every
morning before each meeting to debrief of what's going on in each
workshop and be able to respond in each workshop is vitally important.
Some groups/networks/coalition does this work. Can we do it as a whole
group? This can happen only if we are well organized. There were more
than 111 workshops. If we can monitor all the workshops and have
always one or two civil society participants able to put in the table
those issues that we care about, we will a better capacity to at least
educate/share knowledge/give another point ot view to all those who
are on the room, on the issues that civil society participants cares
about.

Hopefully, the candidates have a vision on this regards and can move
forward the process. IT is a lot of work, and its not easy but we
should do it if we want to be effective.

Warm Regards

Katitza
     governance at lists.cpsr.org