[governance] Rules decide Membership not existing Members

Sylvia Caras sylvia.caras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:08:03 EDT 2009

I can see both readings of the charter.  Since there is confusion,
this is the opportunity to clarify and set a precedent.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Rui Correia<correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... follow the electoral model used in elections in countries, cities etc:

I was thinking along those lines too.  Here in Santa Cruz, California
I believe I have to vote in a general election (every four years) to
maintain my registration.  And yes, if I lapse I can re-register, with
some time constraints.

So maybe

1) include those who voted last time - that part is clear

2) query the rest, ask if they want to be voters, ...

That would extend the charter amendment time line, add a step.  I
wonder what the list software tallies about participation, last post,
bounces, ...  (Are subscribers whose mail bounces deleted?)

Sylvia
     governance at lists.cpsr.org