[governance] Rules decide Membership not existing Members

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Aug 25 11:49:42 EDT 2009

In message <E1MfxyC-00051u-VU at garm.runbox.com>, at 16:30:00 on Tue, 25
Aug 2009, David Souter <david.souter at runbox.com> writes
>The implication of the interpretation in Parminder's post is that list
>members cannot abstain in votes for coordinator if they wish to be able
>to vote in any charter amendment that takes place before the subsequent
>coodinator election.

An interesting distinction. I abstained from claiming my right-to-vote
(even if that vote had been an abstention).

I think I am a similarly on-the-fence, not-quite-a-member-of, the NCUC.

While I believe in anti-capture mechanisms, I also believe in systems
that are open enough that bottom-up participation is nevertheless
possible.

[I'll get back on this increasingly prickly fence now].
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org