[governance] Rules decide Membership not existing Members

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Tue Aug 25 10:44:53 EDT 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 10:23, Avri Doria wrote:

>> How much ever I may like to agree with you, the charter is clear
>> that only those who voted in *the* and not *any* previous election
>> are eligible to vote for charter amendment.

the charter says:

The membership requirements for amending the charter are based on the
most currently available voters list. In amending the charter,
everyone who voted in the previous election will be deemed a member
for amending the charter.

the currently available voters list - i.e. the list of voters as
available on the web site

and just in case there is any doubt about whether having voted in the
previous election is enough those who voted in the previous election
will be deemed members

it does not say 'only those'. the second sentence is a clarification
not a limitation.

but if you and others disagree, this is a perfect thing for the
coordinators to make a judgement on, and a perfect thing for anyone
who thinks they have erred to make an appeal about.

i think endless arguments of attrition as have been engaged in before
on the nature of belly button lint on this list will not help.

a.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org