[governance] Rules decide Membership not existing Members

Fearghas McKay fm-lists at st-kilda.org
Tue Aug 25 07:44:51 EDT 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 10:22, Roland Perry wrote:

> That's what Capture is about, and any sensible entity will have anti-
> capture rules.

My concern about the capture rules which are fine in principle is the
the fact that you may not be able to vote on charter changes for a
random period of time ranging from just over 2 months to 14 months.

If it was fixed in the middle, say 6-8 months on the list, that would
be understandable but I don't see why such a wide ranging period of
time is acceptable.

Perhaps for future charter changes an addition should  be made to this
change setting a fixed time period as happens with voting for
coordinators, I would suggest 6 months bit since I am voteless I will
leave it to others to propose a timescale to protect the charter from
"drive by" abuse.

Regards

	Fearghas
     governance at lists.cpsr.org