[governance] RE: [Coalition] Civil Society Information Society Advisory Council(CSISAC) Charter

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Oct 23 10:50:11 EDT 2008

Hi, Marc
I just caught up with this message, and I think I speak for several CS
groups in saying that this is just not the way we ought to be going
about constructing a joint, unified civil society presence in OECD.

The document was not developed on the public Wiki that you (EPIC)
yourself created; it ignores the output of a collective meeting of the
involved CS groups in Geneva; it unilaterally declares your own
organization the "Secretariat" without any process for gaining the
consent of other civil society organizations. And releasing a proposal
one day before you discuss it on a call is bizarre and minimizes the
opportunity for actual participation and acceptance.

So I won't be on that call and don't think anyone else outside EPIC will
be, either.

Let me know when ya'll decide that this is about civil society and more
than just EPIC.

--MM

     governance at lists.cpsr.org