[governance] IGF Remote Participation in Internet Governance Forum in Hyderabad, India, 2008

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 01:28:46 EDT 2008

To all participants not being able to physically participate in IGF
Hyderabad, India 2008.

IGF Remote Participation http://www.igfremote.com/ - Increasing
options for inclusive participation at the Internet Governance Forum
in Hyderabad, India, 2008

We are a small group of interested IGF participants, who has joined
together with the common concern to foster the possibility of more
complete remote attendance at the upcoming IGF in Hyderabad, 2008. Our
idea is to help to provide a service that will benefit the people who
are unable to attend the IGF, which means that our work is based on a
very practical approach.

We have studied remote participation initiatives put forth in other
meetings and we decided to propose the creation of local IGF hubs
(Watch our Statement presented in the Open Consultations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlZ_dAek4Y). This proposal has been
endorsed by the IGF Secretariat.

The hubs will be local meetings, which will exhibit the webcast of the
IGF. People in the hubs will also be able to interact with the IGF,
using Dimdim http://www.dimdim.com/, a platform which is partly
developed in Hyderabad. These local meetings will also hold panels and
roundtables, to discuss the themes of the IGF from a local
perspective.

We would like to invite all the IG Community to participate on this effort.

Kindly forward your consent, names and country so we can intimate you
about your country Remote Hubs. We can also organize one specifically
for the WSIS/IG CS Caucus

--

Regards.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org