[governance] germany plans citizen email

Jaco Aizenman skorpio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 20:43:37 EDT 2008

I can comment on what *already* happened in Costa Rica, where a similar
program was launched in 2000(*):

Most people use not just the Government, www.costarricense.cr , but also
Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or/and the work email.

Tracking is a problem, but the problem applies not just for the public
sector providers but also for the private sector providers, which have even
much more pointers (email, searches, social sites, etc).

That´s why it is perceived locally as a necessity and as a human right
having an Internet Bill of Rights (Law #15890, presented in 2004).

(*) It was not just email, but:
-Free access all over the country,  including remote areas that satellite
access was used.
-Free website.
-The concept of universalizing virtual personality, including bank accounts
(Good for people in extreme poverty)) and others, which a a few years later
ended in the Congress with the virtual personality fundamental right,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> Comments below

Jaco Aizenman L.
My iname is =jaco (http://xri.net/=jaco)