[Fwd: Re: Fwd: [governance] CS speakers for IGF opening and closing

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Fri Nov 21 15:13:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

I don't know who nominated me (thanks anyway), but, if I had been
asked first, I would have declined. Sorry for increasing gender
unbalance, but please don't consider my name:)
Since I'm writing on this topic, let me add that I (and certainly
many others) wouldn't understand if selected CS speakers don't
include at least one Indian speaker. Moreover, I strongly support
Anita Gurumurthy be selected, not simply because she is Indian or
because she is a 'she', but because of IT for Change (her
organization) constant commitment to and advancing of CS (or what
should always be affirmed as CS) values. For the same reason, I would
also like to add to the list of nominated persons two other ITfC
representatives active in this caucus: Parminder Jeet Singh and Guru
(Gurumurthy Kasinathan).

Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org