[governance] Better network architecture supported by the CS

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Nov 20 17:51:21 EST 2008

At 19:36 20/11/2008, Yehuda Katz wrote:
>Jefsey,
>Through the years you have suggested the: Semantic Web, Linguistic
>Web, Semantic Processing, ... etc.,

I do not think I ever advocated anything about the Web application
per se. W3C is not my territory.

I am interested in the Multilingual and Semantic Internet, the
Intersem. (the internet of thoughts). Also in what to add to the
Legacy architecture to support the Semantic stratta. i.e. the
metacoms over the Internet datacoms over the ITU telecoms. This is
what I name the "Internet Plus", from the architecture possibilities
I observe as today possible.

If everyting we try to do (IPv6, IDNS, routing, security, spam, etc.)
does not really makes it, it is probaby because we do not have much
to change in the technology itself (at least for now), but probably a
lot to change in the way we think (of) it.

>What is your current opinion in regards to a "Semantic Web" with "a better
>network architecture" as the Internet/Icann/Iana... moves closer toward IDN
>top-level domain names ?

The current work by Google (Unicode, IETF, ICANN) concerns
"internationalization", i.e. the support of languages through ASCII
International English and Google OS. This has quite nothing to do
with "multilingualization", i.e. the support of each language/script
as English/ASCII is today supported plus multilinguistic support of
the diversity by itself.

This is where we agreed with Vint to split/coopete between their IDNA
and an @large ML-DNS (Multi-many lateralities - DNS).

>Ref:
>http://idn.icann.org/#The_example.test_names

Crap. It cannot work. This has been documented by IAB,
IETF/WG-IDNABIS tries to correct some of the flaws. The architectural
approach is not end to end, so this necessarily conflicts in some places.

>Could you explain, How a "better network architecture supported by the CS"
>would be? (What would that be ?)

I am overloaded at the time being with setting up how to work on
this.  Please give me another week. I try to have something in place
before the load of the IGF period. The target is that all this can be
listed, explored, discussed, documented, tested asap. For example,
how do you want to support the Virtual Root we have today and deploy
IPv6 without IDv6.

We falled in a misgovernance trap making us believe that "Civil
Society" was about "Civil Rights" only and not before about Civil
Defense and mutual care.

jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org